Skip to content

The Association of Auxiliaries for Children was established in
1919, when the Stanford Home for Convalescent Children (also known as the “Con
Home”) opened its doors to children discharged from the Stanford-Lane Hospital in
San Francisco.

Charter Auxiliary was the inaugural Auxiliary established
to raise funds to help families pay for the care of their child at the Con Home. The
Auxiliary laid the foundation for what eventually became a hallmark of Packard
Children’s mission—to provide medical care to children in need,
regardless of families’ financial circumstances.

Now, more than
100 years later, there are seven
independent Auxiliaries consisting of nearly 1,000 volunteers spanning from San Francisco
to San Jose
with a shared mission to raise funds for the
hospital.

See our
incredible centennial history!

Collectively, the seven
Auxiliaries donate more than $1 million annually through their individual fundraising
efforts. Additionally, individual members contribute directly to the hospital, and the
Auxiliaries Endowment provides another $1 million in grants to
a variety of departments and programs at the hospital.

In 2013 Affiliate
organizations were established to help the Auxiliaries expand their volunteer service and
financial support. There are six Affiliate organizations that share their gifts of time and
talent to support patients in a variety of ways: from providing food to families in need to
donating toiletries to teen patients.